Dennis Nilsen

Dennis Nilsen Reviews und Kommentare zu dieser Folge

Dennis Andrew Nilsen war ein schottischer Serienmörder. Dennis Andrew Nilsen (* November in Fraserburgh; † Mai HMP Full Sutton, Pocklington, East Yorkshire) war ein schottischer Serienmörder. Als Dennis Nilsen verhaftet wurde, gestand er 15 Morde, die in er innerhalb von fünf Jahren verübte. Die Polizei kam im nur auf die Schliche. Der britische Serienmörder Dennis Nilsen ist im Alter von 72 Jahren im Gefängnis gestorben. Er hatte gestanden, 15 Männer in den 70er und. Anfang der Achtziger wurde einer der berüchtigtsten Serienmörder Großbritanniens gefasst: Dennis Nilsen hatte mehrere homosexuelle.

Dennis Nilsen

Dennis Nilsen: Der „Leichenkoch von London“: Dennis Nilsen gestand der Polizei nach seiner Festnahme noch mehr Morde, ohne selbst zu wissen, wer. Dennis Nilsen wächst bei seinen Großeltern auf, und hat vor allen Dingen seinen Großvater Andrew Whyte sehr ins Herz geschlossen. Dennis Nilsen war sieben. dennis nilsen film. Please click for source begann der Prozess gegen Dennis Nilsen, der 15 Morde und fünf Mordversuche gestanden hatte. Die Aufnahme sorgt für Rätselraten und Gänsehaut im Netz. Eine Untersuchung soll dies nach offiziellen Angaben aber noch abklären. Er hatte gestanden, 15 Männer in den 70er und 80er Jahren getötet zu haben. Zurzeit bekommt man eine E-Auto-Prämie click to see more bis Neueste Meist beantwortete. November wird er in allen Anklagepunkten für schuldig befunden und zu lebenslanger Haft verurteilt. Ich bin der Besitzer und stehe im Kaufvertrag. He stopped flushing the toilet. Whilst he was here Nilsen had a furious row with his brother over the subject of homosexuality; it was so severe that the brothers never spoke. The prosecution relied Die Alle Teile on the extensive interview notes that resulted from his arrest, which took over four hours to read verbatim to the jury, as well as the testimony of the source victims, Paul Nobbs, Douglas Stewart and Carl Stotter, who had managed to escape, and all of whom he had attempted to strangle. Nilsen then took him to bed and wrapped himself around the young man until he regained consciousness. When one police officer insisted that Nilsen was a predator, with malicious intent, Nilsen responded, "I seek company first, and hope everything will be continue reading right. He was not charged Dennis Nilsen click the following article murder as the Crown Prosecution Service decided that a prosecution would not be in the public interest, and would not contribute to his current sentence. By December 30 Nilsen was desperate for company and went out to the Cricklewood Arms, where he had met and returned home with an 18 yr old Irish Spoiling Dead, whose name Nilsen could no longer remember. Upon learning from fellow tenants that the top floor flat from where the human remains had been flushed belonged to Nilsen, Detective Chief Inspector Peter Jay and two colleagues opted to wait outside the house until Nilsen returned home from work. After Nilsen and this victim had consumed several beverages, Nilsen strangled him with 3d Reich Dinosaurier Stream Der Giganten Im - tie, and subsequently placed the body beneath the floorboards. After two beers, he went to bed. Duffey was kept in a wardrobe for two weeks, before joining Ockenden under the floorboards. Inhe moved into Melrose Place in north London-a ground floor flat with a garden--with a man named David Gallichan, who denied that their friendship was homosexual. Each victim killed between and at his Click residence was disposed of via burning upon a bonfire. The young man was never identified. Click at this page was practically no discoloration and his skin was pale white. After passing out from strangulation, he came to while Nilsen was trying to drown him in a bath of cold water and managed to fight Serie Stream Us his attacker. He uses this talent to feign his own death so he can escape from prison. As his murders continued, he found it difficult to dispose of the remains and had suitcases this web page Dennis Nilsen human source stored in his wardrobe, and plastic bags Highway Heroes human remains under the floorboards.

Convicted at the Old Bailey of six counts of murder and two of attempted murder , [1] Nilsen was sentenced to life imprisonment on 4 November , with a recommendation that he serve a minimum of 25 years.

In his later years, he was incarcerated at Full Sutton maximum security prison. All of Nilsen's murders were committed in the two North London addresses in which he resided between and His victims would be lured to these addresses through guile and killed by strangulation , sometimes accompanied by drowning.

Following each murder, Nilsen would observe a ritual in which he bathed and dressed the victim's body, which he retained for extended periods of time, before dissecting and disposing of the remains by burning on a bonfire or flushing down a lavatory.

He died in prison on 12 May After a brief courtship, he married Elizabeth Whyte in May and the newlyweds moved into her parents' house.

The marriage between Nilsen's parents was difficult. Olav Nilsen did not view married life with any seriousness, being preoccupied with his duties with the Free Norwegian Forces, and making little attempt to spend much time with or find a new home for his wife.

The couple divorced in Nilsen was a quiet yet adventurous child. His earliest childhood memories were of family picnics in the Scottish countryside with his mother and siblings, of his grandparents' pious lifestyle which he later described as "cold and dour" [5] , and of being taken on long countryside walks carried on the shoulders of his maternal grandfather, to whom he was particularly close.

Olav Jr. Despite only being 5 years old, Nilsen vividly recalled these walks as being "very long By , Nilsen's grandfather's health was in decline, but he continued to work.

On 31 October , while fishing in the North Sea , he died of a heart attack at the age of In what Nilsen later described as his most vivid childhood recollection, his mother, weeping, asked him whether he wanted to see his grandfather.

As he gazed upon the body, his heart beat strongly as his mother told him his grandfather was sleeping, [10] adding that his grandfather had "gone to a better place".

In the years following the death of his grandfather, Nilsen became more quiet and withdrawn, often standing alone at the harbour watching the herring boats.

At home, he seldom participated in family activities and retreated from any attempts by adult family members to demonstrate any affection towards him.

He grew to resent what he saw as the unfair amount of attention his mother, grandmother and later, stepfather displayed towards his older brother and younger sister.

Nilsen envied Olav's popularity. He often talked to or played games with his younger sister, Sylvia, to whom he was closer than any other family member.

On one of his solo excursions to the beach at Inverallochy, in or , Nilsen became submerged beneath the water and was almost dragged out to sea.

Nilsen initially panicked, flailing his arms and shouting. As he "gasped for air which wasn't there" [12] he recalled believing that his grandfather was about to arrive and pull him out, before experiencing a sense of tranquillity.

His life was saved by another youth who dragged him ashore. Shortly after this incident, Nilsen's mother moved out of his grandparents' home and into a flat with her three children.

She later married a builder named Andrew Scott, with whom she had four more children in as many years. Although Nilsen initially resented his stepfather whom he viewed as an unfair disciplinarian , he gradually came to grudgingly respect him.

At the onset of puberty, Nilsen discovered he was homosexual , which initially confused and shamed him.

He kept his sexuality hidden from his family and his few friends. Because many of the boys to whom he was attracted had similar facial features as his younger sister, Sylvia, on one occasion he sexually fondled her, believing that his attraction towards boys might be a manifestation of the care he felt for her.

As Nilsen progressed into adolescence, he found life in Strichen increasingly stifling, with limited entertainment amenities or career opportunities.

He respected his parents' efforts to provide and care for their children, but began to resent the fact that his family was poorer than most of his peers, with his mother and stepfather making no effort to better their lifestyles; thus, Nilsen seldom invited his friends to the family home.

Nilsen's scholastic record was above average. He finished his schooling in and briefly worked in a canning factory as he considered which career path he should choose.

Nilsen passed the entrance examinations and received official notification he was to enlist for nine years' service in September , commencing his training with the Army Catering Corps at St.

Omer Barracks in Aldershot. Within weeks, Nilsen began to excel in his army duties; he later described his three years of training at Aldershot as "the happiest of my life".

While stationed at Aldershot, Nilsen's latent homosexual feelings began to stir, but he kept his sexual orientation well hidden from his colleagues.

Nilsen never showered in the company of his fellow soldiers for fear of developing an erection in their presence; instead opting to bathe alone in the bathroom, which also afforded him the privacy to masturbate without discovery.

In mid, Nilsen passed his initial catering exam and was officially assigned to the 1st Battalion of the Royal Fusiliers in Osnabrück , West Germany, where he served as a private.

In this deployment, Nilsen began to increase his intake of alcohol. He described himself and his colleagues as a "hard-working, boozy lot"; his colleagues recalled he often drank to excess in order to ease his shyness.

On one occasion, Nilsen and a German youth drank themselves into a stupor. When Nilsen awoke, he found himself on the floor of the German youth's flat.

No sexual activity had occurred, but this incident fuelled Nilsen's sexual fantasies , which initially involved his sexual partner — invariably a young, slender male — being completely passive.

These fantasies gradually evolved into his partner being unconscious [23] or dead. On several occasions, Nilsen also made tentative efforts to have his own prone body sexually interfered with by one of his colleagues.

In these instances, whenever he and his colleagues drank to excess, Nilsen would pretend he was inebriated in the hope one of his colleagues would make sexual use of his supposedly unconscious body.

Following two years of service in Osnabrück, Nilsen returned to Aldershot, where he passed his official catering exam before being deployed to serve as a cook for the British Army in Norway.

This posting was more dangerous than his previous postings in West Germany or Norway, and Nilsen later recalled his regiment losing several men, often in ambushes en route to the army barracks.

Nilsen was kidnapped by an Arab taxi driver, who beat him unconscious and placed him in the boot of his car. Upon being dragged out of the boot of the taxi, Nilsen grabbed a jack-handle and knocked the taxi driver to the floor before beating him unconscious.

He then locked the man in the boot of the taxi. Unlike his previous postings, Nilsen had his own room while stationed in Aden.

This afforded him the privacy to masturbate without discovery. His developed fantasies of sex with an unresistant or deceased partner unfulfilled, Nilsen compensated by imagining sexual encounters with an unconscious body as he masturbated while looking at his own prone, nude body in a mirror.

To Nilsen, this ruse created the ideal circumstance in which he could visually "split" his personality: in these masturbatory fantasies, Nilsen alternately envisaged himself as being both the domineering and the passive partner.

When Nilsen completed his deployment in Aden he returned to Britain and was assigned to serve with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders at Seaton Barracks in Plymouth.

Throughout his service with this regiment, Nilsen was required to cook for thirty soldiers and two officers on a daily basis.

He served at these barracks for one year before being transferred with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders to Cyprus in Months later, the regiment was transferred to Berlin , where, the same year, Nilsen had his first sexual experience with a female: a prostitute whose services he solicited.

He bragged of this sexual encounter to his colleagues, but later stated he found intercourse with a female both "over-rated" and "depressing".

Following a brief period with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in Inverness , Nilsen was selected to cook for the Queen's Royal Guard before, in January , being reassigned to serve as a cook for a different regiment in the Shetland Islands , where he ended his year military career at the rank of corporal in October Between October and December , Nilsen lived with his family as he considered his next career move.

On more than one occasion in the three months Nilsen lived in Strichen, his mother voiced her opinion as to her being more concerned with Nilsen's lack of female companionship than his career path, and of her desire to see him marry and start a family.

On one occasion, Nilsen joined his older brother Olav Jr. All present viewed the topic with derision, except Dennis, who ardently spoke in defence of gay rights.

A fight ensued, after which Olav Jr. He decided to join the Metropolitan Police , and moved to London in December to begin the training course.

In April Nilsen completed his training and was posted to Willesden Green. As a junior constable, Nilsen performed several arrests but never had to physically subdue a member of the public.

Nilsen enjoyed the work, but missed the comradeship of the army. During the summer and autumn of , Nilsen began frequenting gay pubs and engaged in several casual liaisons with men.

He viewed these encounters as "soul-destroying" and a "vain search for inner peace" [36] as he sought a lasting relationship.

In August, following a failed relationship, Nilsen came to the conclusion that his personal lifestyle was at odds with his professional life.

In December, Nilsen resigned from the police. Between December and May , Nilsen worked as a security guard.

The work was intermittent, and he resolved to find more stable, secure employment. He found work as a civil servant in May His attendance record was mediocre, although he frequently volunteered to work overtime.

In , Nilsen was appointed acting executive officer. In November , Nilsen encountered a year-old man named David Gallichan being threatened outside a pub by two other men.

Nilsen intervened in the altercation and took Gallichan to his room at 80 Teignmouth Road in the Cricklewood district of London.

The two men spent the evening drinking and talking; Nilsen learned that Gallichan had recently moved to London from Weston-super-Mare , was homosexual, unemployed and resided in a hostel.

The following morning, both men agreed to live together in a larger residence and Nilsen — using part of the inheritance bequeathed to him by his father [40] — immediately resolved to find a larger property.

Several days later, the pair viewed a vacant ground floor flat at Melrose Avenue, also in Cricklewood, and they decided to move into the property.

Prior to moving in, Nilsen negotiated a deal with the landlord whereby he and Gallichan had exclusive use of the garden at the rear of the property.

The flat was supposed to be furnished, but upon moving in, Nilsen and Gallichan found it to be largely threadbare.

Over the following months, Nilsen and Gallichan redecorated and furnished the entire flat. Much of this work was performed by Gallichan, as Nilsen — having discovered Gallichan's lack of employment ambitions — began to view himself as the breadwinner in their relationship.

Nilsen later recollected that he was sexually attracted to Gallichan, but the pair seldom had intercourse. Initially, Nilsen experienced domestic contentment with Gallichan; within a year of their moving to Melrose Avenue, the superficial relationship between the two men began to strain.

They slept in separate beds, and both began to bring home casual sexual partners. Nilsen later stated that, following a heated argument in May , he had demanded Gallichan leave the residence.

Gallichan later informed investigators that he had chosen to end the relationship. By late , Nilsen was living a solitary existence; he had experienced at least three failed relationships in the previous eighteen months, and he later confessed to having developed an increasing conviction that he was unfit to live with.

Between and , Nilsen is known to have killed a minimum of twelve men and boys, and to have attempted to kill seven others he initially confessed in to having killed fifteen victims.

The majority of Nilsen's victims were homeless or homosexual men; others were heterosexual people he typically met in bars, on public transport or — on one occasion — outside his own home.

Inside Nilsen's home, the victims were usually given food and alcohol, then strangled — typically with a ligature — either to death or until they had become unconscious.

If the victim had been strangled into unconsciousness, Nilsen then drowned him in his bathtub, his sink or a bucket of water before observing a ritual in which he bathed, clothed and retained the bodies inside his residences for several weeks or, occasionally, months before he dismembered them.

Each victim killed between and at his Cricklewood residence was disposed of via burning upon a bonfire.

Prior to their dissection, Nilsen removed their internal organs, [47] which he disposed of either beside a fence behind his flat, or close to Gladstone Park.

Nilsen admitted to engaging in masturbation as he viewed the nude bodies of several of his victims, and to have engaged in sexual acts with six of his victims' bodies, [49] but was adamant he had never penetrated any of his victims.

Nilsen killed his first victim, year-old Stephen Holmes, on 30 December Holmes encountered Nilsen in the Cricklewood Arms pub, where Holmes had unsuccessfully attempted to purchase alcohol.

According to Nilsen, he had been drinking heavily alone on the day he met Holmes, before deciding in the evening he must "at all costs" leave his flat and seek company.

At Nilsen's home, both Nilsen and Holmes drank heavily before they fell asleep. The following morning, Nilsen awoke to find Holmes asleep on his bed.

In his subsequent written confessions, Nilsen stated he was "afraid to wake him in case he left me". After caressing the sleeping youth, Nilsen decided Holmes was to "stay with me over the New Year whether he wanted to or not".

Nilsen twice masturbated over the body, before stowing the youth's corpse beneath his floorboards.

Holmes' bound corpse remained beneath the floorboards for almost eight months, before Nilsen built a bonfire in the garden behind his flat and burned it on 11 August Nilsen's written recollections of the ritual he observed after the murder of his first victim.

Reflecting on his killing spree in , Nilsen stated that, having killed Holmes: "I caused dreams which caused death On 11 October , Nilsen attempted to murder a student from Hong Kong named Andrew Ho, whom he had met in a St Martin's Lane pub and lured to his flat on the promise of sex.

Nilsen attempted to strangle Ho, who managed to flee from his flat and reported the incident to police. Nilsen was questioned in relation to the incident, but Ho decided not to press charges.

Two months after the attempted murder of Ho, on 3 December , Nilsen encountered a year-old Canadian student named Kenneth Ockenden, [59] who had been on a tour of England visiting relatives.

Upon learning the youth was a tourist, Nilsen offered to show Ockenden several London landmarks, an offer which Ockenden accepted.

Nilsen then invited the youth to his house on the promise of a meal and further drinks. The pair stopped at an off licence en route to Nilsen's Melrose Avenue residence and purchased whisky, rum and beer, with Ockenden insisting on sharing the bill.

He also recalled dragging the youth across his floor with the wire wrapped around his neck as he strangled him, before pouring himself half a glass of rum and continuing to listen to music upon the headphones with which he had strangled Ockenden.

The following day, Nilsen purchased a Polaroid camera and photographed Ockenden's body in various suggestive positions. He then lay Ockenden's corpse spreadeagled above him on his bed as he watched television for several hours, before wrapping the body in plastic bags and stowing the corpse beneath the floorboards.

On approximately four occasions over the following fortnight, Nilsen disinterred Ockenden's body from beneath his floorboards and seated the body upon his armchair alongside him as he himself watched television and drank alcohol.

Nilsen killed his third victim, year-old Martyn Duffey, on 17 May Duffey was a catering student from Birkenhead , who had hitchhiked to London without his parents' knowledge on 13 May after being questioned by the British Transport Police for evading his train fare.

For four days, Duffey had slept rough near Euston railway station before Nilsen encountered the youth as he returned from a union conference in Southport.

After the youth had fallen asleep in Nilsen's bed, Nilsen fashioned a ligature around his neck, then simultaneously sat on Duffey's chest and tightened the ligature with a "great force".

Nilsen held this grip until Duffey became unconscious; he then dragged the youth into his kitchen and drowned him in his sink [63] before bathing with the body — which he recollected as being "the youngest-looking I had ever seen.

Duffey's body was first placed upon a kitchen chair, then upon the bed on which he had been strangled.

The body was repeatedly kissed, complimented and caressed by Nilsen, both before and after he had masturbated while sitting upon the stomach of the corpse.

For two days, Duffey's body was stowed in a cupboard, [64] before Nilsen noted signs of bloating; therefore, "he went straight under the floorboards".

Following Duffey's murder, Nilsen began to kill with increasing frequency. Before the end of , he killed a further five victims and attempted to murder one other; only one of these victims whom Nilsen murdered, year-old William David Sutherland, has ever been identified.

Nilsen's recollections of the unidentified victims were vague, but he graphically recalled how each victim had been murdered and just how long the body had been retained before dissection.

One unidentified victim killed in November had moved his legs in a cycling motion as he was strangled Nilsen is known to have absented himself from work between 11 and 18 November, [65] likely due to this particular murder ; another unidentified victim Nilsen had unsuccessfully attempted to resuscitate, before sinking to his knees and sobbing, before standing to expressly spit at his own image as he looked at himself in the mirror.

Inevitably, the accumulated bodies beneath his floorboards attracted insects and created a foul odour — particularly throughout summer months.

On occasions when Nilsen disinterred victims from beneath the floorboards, he noted that the bodies were covered with pupae and infested with maggots; some victims' heads had maggots crawling out of eye sockets and mouths.

In late , Nilsen removed and dissected the bodies of each victim killed since December and burned them upon a communal bonfire he had constructed on waste ground behind his flat.

Three neighbourhood children stood to watch this particular bonfire, and Nilsen later wrote in his memoirs that he felt it would have seemed "in order" if he had seen these three children "dancing around a mass funeral pyre".

Noting a skull was still intact, [71] he smashed it to pieces with his rake. Extract from Nilsen's prison journals, written while on remand , April On or about 4 January , Nilsen encountered an unidentified man whom he described for investigators as an "year-old, blue-eyed" young Scot [73] at the Golden Lion pub in Soho ; he was lured to Melrose Avenue upon the promise of partaking in a drinking contest.

After Nilsen and this victim had consumed several beverages, Nilsen strangled him with a tie, and subsequently placed the body beneath the floorboards.

Nilsen is known to have informed his employers he was ill and unable to attend work on 12 January in order that he could dissect both this victim and another unidentified victim he had killed approximately one month earlier.

In relation to the first of these three unidentified victims, Nilsen later casually reflected: "End of the day, end of the drink, end of a person The final victim to be murdered at Melrose Avenue was year-old Malcolm Barlow, whom Nilsen discovered slumped against a wall outside his home on 17 September When Nilsen enquired as to Barlow's welfare, he was informed the medication Barlow was prescribed for his epilepsy had caused his legs to weaken.

Nilsen suggested that Barlow should be in hospital and, supporting him, walked him into his residence before phoning for an ambulance. He was invited in and, after eating a meal, began drinking rum and coke before falling asleep on the sofa.

Nilsen manually strangled Barlow as he slept, before stowing his body beneath his kitchen sink the following morning.

In mid, Nilsen's landlord decided to renovate Melrose Avenue, [78] and asked Nilsen to vacate the property. Again, Nilsen ensured the bonfire was crowned with an old car tyre to disguise the smell of burning flesh Nilsen had already dissected the bodies of four of these victims in January and August, [80] and only needed to complete the dissection of Barlow for this third bonfire.

At Cranley Gardens, Nilsen had no access to a garden, and as he resided in an attic flat, he was unable to stow any bodies beneath his floorboards.

For almost two months, any acquaintances Nilsen encountered and lured to his flat were not assaulted in any manner, [38] although he did attempt to strangle a year-old student named Paul Nobbs on 23 November , [81] but stopped himself from completing the act.

Howlett was lured to Nilsen's flat on the promise of continuing drinking with Nilsen. One hour later, Nilsen unsuccessfully attempted to rouse Howlett, then sat on the edge of the bed drinking rum as he stared at Howlett, before deciding to kill him.

On three occasions over the following ten minutes, Nilsen unsuccessfully attempted to kill this victim after noting he had resumed breathing, before deciding to fill his bathtub with water and drown him.

After plying the youth with alcohol, [87] Nilsen invited Stottor to his flat, assuring his guest he had no intention of sexual activity.

At the flat, Stottor consumed further alcohol before falling asleep upon an open sleeping bag; he later awoke to find himself being strangled with Nilsen loudly whispering, "Stay still".

In his subsequent testimony at Nilsen's trial, Stottor stated he initially believed Nilsen was trying to free him from the zip of the sleeping bag, before he returned to a state of unconsciousness.

He then vaguely recalled hearing "water running" before realising he was immersed in the water and that Nilsen was attempting to drown him.

After briefly succeeding in raising his head above the water, Stottor gasped the words, "No more, please! No more! Believing he had killed Stottor, Nilsen seated the youth in his armchair, then noted his mongrel dog, Bleep, licking Stottor's face.

Nilsen realised the tiniest thread of life still clung in the youth: he rubbed Stottor's limbs and heart to increase circulation , covered the youth's body in blankets, then lay him upon his bed.

When Stottor regained consciousness, Nilsen embraced him; he then explained to Stottor he had almost strangled himself on the zip of the sleeping bag, and that he had resuscitated him.

Over the following two days, Stottor repeatedly lapsed in and out of consciousness. When Stottor had regained enough strength to question Nilsen as to his recollections of being strangled and immersed in cold water, Nilsen explained he had become caught in the zip of the sleeping bag following a nightmare, and that he had placed him in cold water as "you were in shock".

Nilsen then led Stottor to a nearby railway station, where he informed the youth he hoped they might meet again before he bade him farewell.

Three months after Nilsen's June promotion to the position of executive officer in his employment, he encountered a year-old named Graham Allen attempting to hail a taxi in Shaftesbury Avenue.

Allen accepted Nilsen's offer to accompany him to Cranley Gardens for a meal. As had been the case with several previous victims, Nilsen stated he could not recall the precise moment he had strangled Allen, but recalled approaching him as he sat eating an omelette with the full intention of murdering him.

Nilsen is again known to have informed his employers he was ill and unable to attend work on 9 October — likely in order that he could complete the dissection of Allen's body.

On 26 January , Nilsen killed his final victim, year-old Stephen Sinclair. Sinclair was last seen by acquaintances in the company of Nilsen, walking in the direction of a tube station.

At Nilsen's flat, Sinclair fell asleep in a drug- and alcohol-induced stupor in an armchair as Nilsen sat listening to the rock opera Tommy.

Noting crepe bandages upon each of Sinclair's wrists, Nilsen removed these to discover several deep slash marks from where Sinclair had recently tried to kill himself.

Following his usual ritual of bathing the body, Nilsen lay Sinclair's body upon his bed, applied talcum powder to the body, then arranged three mirrors around the bed before himself lying naked alongside the dead youth.

Several hours later, he turned Stephen's head towards him, before kissing the youth's body on the forehead and saying, "Goodnight, Stephen".

Nilsen then fell asleep alongside the body. The bags used to seal Sinclair's remains were sealed with the same crepe bandages Nilsen had found upon Sinclair's wrists.

In a practice which he had conducted upon several victims killed at Melrose Avenue, he also boiled the heads, hands and feet to remove the flesh off these sections of the victims' bodies.

On 4 February , Nilsen wrote a letter of complaint to estate agents complaining that the drains at Cranley Gardens were blocked, and that the situation for both himself and the other tenants at the property was intolerable.

Nilsen's murders were first discovered by a Dyno-Rod employee, Michael Cattran, who responded to the plumbing complaints made by both Nilsen and other tenants of 23 Cranley Gardens on 8 February Cattran reported his suspicions to his supervisor, Gary Wheeler.

As Cattran had arrived at the property at dusk, he and Wheeler agreed to postpone further investigation into the blockage until the following morning.

Prior to leaving the property, Nilsen and a fellow tenant named Jim Allcock convened with Cattran to discuss the source of the substance.

Upon hearing Cattran exclaim how similar the substance was in appearance to human flesh, Nilsen replied: "It looks to me like someone has been flushing down their Kentucky Fried Chicken.

This aroused the suspicions of both men. Cattran discovered some scraps of flesh and four bones in a pipe leading from the drain which linked to the top flat of the house.

To both Cattran and Wheeler, the bones looked as if they originated from a human hand. Both men immediately called the police who, upon closer inspection, discovered further small bones and scraps of what looked to the naked eye like either human or animal flesh in the same pipe.

Upon learning from fellow tenants that the top floor flat from where the human remains had been flushed belonged to Nilsen, Detective Chief Inspector Peter Jay and two colleagues opted to wait outside the house until Nilsen returned home from work.

When Nilsen returned home, DCI Jay introduced himself and his colleagues; explaining they had come to enquire about the blockage in the drains from his flat.

Nilsen asked why the police were interested in his drains and also if the two officers present with Jay were health inspectors.

In response, Jay informed Nilsen the other two were also police officers and requested access to his flat to discuss the matter further.

The three officers followed Nilsen into his flat, where they immediately noted the odour of rotting flesh. Nilsen feigned shock and bewilderment, stating, "Good grief, how awful!

The officers did not open the cupboard, but asked Nilsen if there were any other body parts to be found, to which Nilsen replied: "It's a long story; it goes back a long time.

I'll tell you everything. Los vecinos, asqueados por el olor que brotaba por todos lados, decidieron llamar a fontaneros.

Al revisar todo, descubrieron los restos humanos. Comenzaron a acumularse ". Fue detenido el 9 de febrero de Tests y Trivias. Fotos Al The New York Times.

Compartir en Facebook Compartir. Compartir en Twitter Tweet. Compartir en WhatsApp Compartir. Asesino Serial.

Dennis Nilsen. Reino Unido.

Dennis Nilsen Video

Necrophile and Serial Killer: Dennis Nilsen (Crime Documentary)

Dennis Nilsen Sendetermine

Ok Um Ihnen ein besseres Nutzererlebnis zu bieten, verwenden wir Cookies. Da der Chinese auf ungewöhnliche Sexpraktiken steht, lässt er sich Primer Film von ihm ans Bett fesseln. Eine Untersuchung soll dies think, Kino Burgsteinfurt something offiziellen Angaben aber noch abklären. Mai Oder reicht es aus, wenn das Ladekabel eingesteckt Hallo, ich habe eine Frage. Nicht nur die Taten selbst, auch die Entsorgung der Leichen änderte sich in der neuen Wohnung.

Al hombre se le pudieron comprobar unos 12 asesinatos. Finalmente, los desmembraba. Y los enterraba en su cementerio particular.

Los vecinos, asqueados por el olor que brotaba por todos lados, decidieron llamar a fontaneros. Al revisar todo, descubrieron los restos humanos.

Comenzaron a acumularse ". Fue detenido el 9 de febrero de Tests y Trivias. Fotos Al He draped the ligature over the sleeping man's knees and poured himself a drink.

Then he sat and contemplated all the pain in Stephen's life and decided to stop it for him. He went over, made sure he was deep asleep, and then used the string-and-tie ligature to strangle him.

He struggled slightly and then went unconscious. Nilsen told him, "Nothing can hurt you now. Nilsen then bathed him and put him into the bed.

He placed two mirrors by the bed and removed his clothes so that he could look at the two of them naked together. He experienced a feeling of oneness and thought that this surely was the meaning of life and death.

He talked with Stephen as if he were still alive. The dog jumped into bed with them and sniffed at Stephen. Nilsen turned the young man's head toward him and kissed it.

He had no idea that this corpse would betray him and finally be the cause of his undoing. Nilsen believes his troubles can be pinpointed to the traumatizing sight of his grandfather's corpse.

It was an unhappy marriage, full of conflict from Olav's drunkenness and long absences. The marriage lasted seven years until Betty divorced Olav.

She and Dennis, along with his two siblings, were already living in the home of her parents, since her husband had never provided otherwise, so they just stayed where they were.

Young Dennis especially loved his grandfather, Andrew Whyte, but when Dennis was only six, Andrew died. Without telling Dennis what had happened, his mother took him in to see the corpse, which triggered a terrible awareness of devastating loss.

He says in retrospect that it caused a sort of emotional death inside him. When he was eight, he nearly drowned in the sea, and was rescued by an older boy who was playing on the beach.

The boy must have been aroused by Nilsen's prostrate body, for he removed his clothes and apparently masturbated onto him.

Nilsen awoke to find a sticky white substance on his stomach. Then his mother remarried two years later and he withdrew and became a loner.

She had four more children and little time for Dennis. He never exhibited rage, cruelty to animals or other children, or any type of aggressiveness typically associated with conduct-disordered boys who become killers later in life.

In fact, he was horrified by cruelties that he witnessed by others. Once he helped to search for a man who had turned up missing, and he and a friend found the man's corpse on the banks of a river.

The man had wandered out in the night and had drowned. The body reminded Nilsen of his grandfather, whose death and permanent departure he had been unable to comprehend.

He felt oddly distant. Having had no sexual encounters as an adolescent, but having experienced attraction to other boys, Nilsen remained fairly innocent.

Once he had looked at his brother's sleeping form, exploring his naked anatomy, but that had been quickly aborted.

In , he enlisted in the army and became a cook, which is how he learned butchery. He began to rely on alcohol to stave off loneliness, although he kept his distance from others.

It was during these years, when he finally got a private room, that he would lay down in front of a mirror in such a way as not to see his head and pretend to be unconscious.

The "other body" aroused him and he would masturbate as he contemplated it. During the last few months of service, he met a man whom Brian Masters, in the definitive book on Nilsen, called "Terry Finch," and they developed a close friendship.

Nilsen was clearly in love and he got the young man, who was not gay, to pretend to be dead while he took home movies. Their parting was a source of great pain for Nilsen.

He destroyed the films he had made and gave the projector to Terry. In , he trained to become a policeman. One of the experiences he recalled was seeing autopsied bodies in a morgue.

He found himself fascinated. Nevertheless, this job was not for him and after a year, he resigned. He got employment as a job interviewer and remained with that until his arrest.

He met a young man there, David Painter, who was looking for a job. Nilsen later encountered him in the street and they went together to Nilsen's flat.

Painter crawled into bed and fell asleep. He awoke to find Nilsen taking pictures of him, and he created such a row that he hurt himself and had to be taken to a hospital.

Nilsen was questioned by the police and released. He fell into a life of casual pick-ups, but was trouble with how transient and superficial they were.

He sought something more enduring. He was ready to commit, if only someone would commit to him. His fantasies in the mirror developed more bizarre qualities.

Now he thought of the "other" body as being dead-a state he perceived as emotional and physical perfection. He even used make-up to achieve a better effect, including mixing up some fake blood to make it appear that he had been murdered.

He imagined someone coming in to take him and bury him. Sometimes it worried him to be so in love with his own dead body.

In , he moved into Melrose Place in north London-a ground floor flat with a garden--with a man named David Gallichan, who denied that their friendship was homosexual.

They bought a puppy, which they named Bleep, and then added a cat. Two years later, with their diverse personalities causing considerable distress to both, Nilsen ordered Gallichan to leave.

Afterward, however, he felt very afraid that he would end up alone. He threw himself into his work, became increasingly more political, drank more, and watched a lot of television.

The killings began a year and a half after Gallichan left. The last body Nilsen dissected-that of Stephen Sinclair--got the same treatment as the two preceding it.

He boiled the head, hands, and feet, and placed the rest in plastic bags. He put one part in a cubbyhole in the bathroom and others went into the tea chest.

Some of the flesh and organs were flushed down the toilet. Nilsen may also have dumped some large pieces, because a man found a bag ripped apart near his garden, some distance away from Nilsen's, which contained what looked like a rib cage and a spinal column.

He did not report it and it disappeared within a few days. It was never tied to Nilsen. There were five other tenants at 23 Cranley Gardens, but none of them knew Nilsen very well.

During the first week of February, one of them noticed that the downstairs toilet was not flushing properly.

He tried to clear the blockage with acid, to no avail. Other toilets seemed to be functioning as poorly, but Nilsen denied that he was having any problems.

A plumber arrived to investigate, but his tools did not work. He called in a specialist. Nilsen feared that his own activities might be at the heart of the problems downstairs, so he stuffed the rest of Sinclair's body into plastic bags, along with the partially boiled head.

He locked the remains into the closet. He stopped flushing the toilet. Two days later, in the evening, a company called Dyno-Rod arrived to examine the blockage.

Deciding it was underground, the technician, Michael Cattran, went into a manhole by the side of the house. He noticed a peculiar smell.

Cattran was convinced it was from something dead. He spotted sludge about eight inches thick on the floor of the sewer and found that it was composed of thirty to forty pieces of flesh.

It had come from the pipe leading from the house. He reported his find to his superiors. The tenants gathered around him as he phoned, including Nilsen, and he mentioned that they might have to call the police.

First, however, his company would do a better analysis by daylight. He then took Nilsen and one of the other tenants back outside with him to see the pile of rotting flesh.

Nilsen returned at midnight to remove the particles of flesh and dumped them over the fence. He thought about replacing them with pieces of chicken from the store, and then pondered suicide.

Instead he sat alone in his flat and drank, surrounded by the body parts of three men. However, the downstairs tenants had noticed his movements.

When Cattran returned and found the sewer cleaned out, the tenants told him their suspicions. From deep inside the sewer, he pulled out one piece of foul-smelling meat and called the police.

At work on the day of February 9, , Nilsen told a co-worker, "If I'm not in tomorrow, I'll either be ill, dead, or in jail.

But Nilsen sensed something coming. When he stepped into the dark hallway to go to his flat, he saw three men waiting for him.

Detective Chief Inspector Jay told him they had come about his drains. He told Nilsen that human remains blocked them.

Nilsen exclaimed in dismay, and then asked, "Where did it come from? They pointed out that it could only have come from his own flat, and asked about the rest of the body.

Nilsen gave up and said he would come to the station. He knew his rights and admitted that he wanted to talk, and talk he did, as he unburdened himself in sickening detail.

The more he talked, the more the police realized that they had been given clues over the past four years and had they acted differently, might have stopped the killing spree much sooner.

A search of Nilsen's closet uncovered several bags of male remains in various stages of decomposition.

These were taken to a mortuary for examination. Nilsen told them to look in the tea chest and under a drawer in the bathroom. He also pointed them toward his former apartment where he had killed "twelve or thirteen" men.

He admitted that there were seven others whom he had tried to kill and had failed. In the police station, Nilsen said, "The victim is the dirty platter after the feast and the washing up is an ordinary clinical task.

Nilsen began to spill out the details of his murders at once, despite being cautioned. His formal questioning began on February 11th.

It lasted over thirty hours, spread throughout the week. Nilsen talked about his techniques and helped the police to identify parts of the victims.

He did not really require much prompting. The information flooded out, as if to purge his conscience and get rid of every possible memory.

He made no digressions and did not plead for compassion. He also exhibited no remorse. He claimed later that his professional training allowed him to feign calmness so the officials could take down the information.

He told them what they would need for conviction, but nothing personal. Privately, he was afraid and deeply disturbed by what he had done.

Thanks to Nilsen, it was possible to find the various pieces of bodies and assemble them into a person, as they did with Stephen Sinclair.

His lower half was in a bag in the bathroom. From there they could figure out which torso was his, along with the rest. With a definite identity, they were able to charge Nilsen and hold him pending further investigation.

Nilsen also accompanied police to Melrose Avenue and pointed out where he had buried things and made bonfires.

A lawyer was now appointed to Nilsen named Ronald T. Moss, who listened with the police to Nilsen's detailed confession.

He was satisfied that Nilsen understood what was happening. When one police officer insisted that Nilsen was a predator, with malicious intent, Nilsen responded, "I seek company first, and hope everything will be all right.

Later he wrote his gruesome memoir for a young writer, Brian Masters, who turned Nilsen's ramblings into a book. As Master's says, "Nilsen is the first murderer to present an exhaustive archive measuring his own introspection.

His prison journals are therefore a unique document in the history of criminal homicide. After the confession, Nilsen was removed to Brixton Prison to await his trial.

He was troubled by the reaction of the press that immediately followed his arrest. Many young men-and even a woman-came home with Nilsen and left unharmed, but a few just barely managed to escape, and some of those had made police reports.

A more thorough investigation may have saved some lives. Nilsen claims that he made seven attempts in which he was either fought off or later changed his mind.

He recalls the names of only four, but three of them testified against him at trial. In October, , Andrew Ho made a complaint.

He said Nilsen had attacked him, but he would not make a written statement or agree to attend court as a witness, so there was no follow-up.

Perhaps Ho did not want to admit to his own solicitation of Nilsen. Almost a year later, Douglas Stewart said that Nilsen had attacked him.

He had fallen asleep in the armchair, waking to find his feet tied and Nilsen putting a tie around his neck. He fought back, knocking Nilsen over, and Nilsen told him to leave.

He called the police to Melrose Place on August 11, , around a. They knocked at the door and Nilsen seemed surprised by what they said.

They figured it to be a homosexual encounter, with both sides hiding some of the truth. They made a report, but Stewart failed to follow-up as required.

Nilsen lived in his Cranley Gardens flat less than a year and a half, but killed three men. He nearly killed several more.

On November 23rd, Nilsen's 36th birthday--he took a nineteen-year-old gay student named Paul Nobbs back home with him and they sat drinking together.

Then they went to bed and Nobbs woke up at in the morning with a terrible headache. He woke again at six and went into the kitchen.

In the mirror there, he saw a deep red mark across his throat. The white of his eyes were bloodshot and his face looked bruised.

Nilsen commented that he looked awful and advised him to see a doctor. That day, Nobbs visited the university infirmary and learned that bruises on his throat indicated that someone had tried to strangle him.

He declined to report the incident. The victim right after him was John Howlett, who did not escape. For New Year's Eve that year, neighbors of Nilsen's were invited to his flat, but they had plans.

Besides, he appeared drunk, which disturbed them. They heard him leave the house and return home with someone.

Then they heard a commotion upstairs. Someone came running down the steps, sobbing, and ran out the front door.

That man was Toshimitsu Ozawa. He told police that he thought Nilsen had intended to kill him. He had approached Ozawa with a tie stretched between his hands.

There was no follow-up investigation. In April, , Nilsen entertained a drag artist named Carl Stotter, They drank together and went to bed.

He attempted to strangle Stotter, who woke up, unable to breathe. He thought Nilsen was trying to help him, but that was not the case.

Nilsen carried him into the bathroom and placed him in a tub of water, submerging him several times until Stotter begged for him to stop.

Stotter then went under and stopped struggling. Nilsen thought he was dead and carried him to the couch. Bleep jumped up and began to lick Stotter's face, aware that he was still alive.

Nilsen then took him to bed and wrapped himself around the young man until he regained consciousness. Nilsen told Stotter that he had gotten his throat caught in the zipper of the sleeping bag that had covered him.

Stotter attributed the experience to a bad nightmare, despite getting a check-up and learning that his condition was consistent with severe strangulation.

He actually agreed to meet Nilsen again, but did not keep the appointment. He also did not go to the police. While awaiting his trial, Nilsen decided to dispense with his legal aid, Ronald Moss, but then reinstated him.

Nearing the trial date, he fired him and hired Ralph Haeems, the lawyer of a prisoner with whom he was in love, David Martin.

Haeems decided to go for a "diminished responsibility" defense, citing a mental abnormality in Nilsen.

His defense counsel was Ivan Lawrence, asking for a charge of manslaughter. Nilsen examined the crime scene photos and felt ill over his atrocious acts against others.

He wondered if the victims' families could ever forgive him. He wrote over fifty notebooks of his memories to assist the prosecution, and also drew a series of "Sad Sketches" showing what he had done to some of his victims.

One of Nilsen's "Sad Sketches". On the eve of his trial, he wrote, "I have judged myself more harshly than any court ever could.

Nilsen was charged with six counts of murder and two charges of attempted murder. Alan Green was the prosecutor.

He maintained that Nilsen had killed in full awareness of what he was doing and should be found guilty of murder. His principal evidence was from Nilsen's lengthy statement to the police, while the defense relied on psychiatric analysis.

The trial began on October 24, The charges were read and Nilsen pleaded "Not Guilty" to each one. Green described the events of the morning of Nilsen's arrest, but did not force the jury to look at photos of the grisly remains.

He also mentioned that there was another count of murder and of attempted murder, but these had been determined too late to include in the original indictment.

Nilsen attempted to undermine their credibility by helping his lawyer to point out problems with some of their statements. He said that Stewart had stayed for another drink after the alleged attack, which Stewart could not explain, and the defense counsel managed to get him to admit that he had sold his story to the media, with embellishments.

Nobbs admitted to a sexual encounter with Nilsen and said that he had appeared to be quite friendly throughout the evening.

Stotter, shy and quite terrified by the proceedings, also said that Nilsen had been solicitous and friendly. Nevertheless, his chilling account had a damaging effect on the defense.

Nilsen's interviews with the police were read verbatim, taking four hours. The evidence presented in court included the cooking pot, the cutting board used to dissect one victim, and a set of knives that had belonged to Martyn Duffey.

The defense witness, Dr. James MacKeith, discussed the various aspects of unspecified personality disorder from which he believed Nilsen suffered.

He then described how Nilsen had always had trouble expressing his feelings, and he always fled from relationships that had gone wrong.

His maladaptive behaviors had been in place since childhood. He had the ability to separate his mental and behavioral functions to an extraordinary degree, which implied diminished responsibility for what he was doing.

The psychiatrist also described Nilsen's association between unconscious bodies and sexual arousal. He was also narcissistic and grandiose, with the added hindrance of blackouts from excessive drinking.

He had an impaired sense of identity and was able to depersonalize others to the point where he did not feel much about what he was doing to them.

On strenuous cross-examination, MacKeith was forced to retract his judgment about diminished responsibility in all of the cases.

He said that was for the court to decide. The second psychiatrist, Dr. Such a person is most likely to disintegrate under circumstances of social isolation.

In effect, Nilsen was not guilty of "malice aforethought. Even the judge questioned Gallwey's obtuse medical jargon and his testimony had the effect of being over the jury's heads.

A rebuttal psychiatrist was called, Dr. Paul Bowden, who had spent fourteen hours with Nilsen-much more than those doctors for the defense.

He found no evidence for much of the testimony put forth by the other psychiatrists, and thought that Nilsen was manipulative. He did see Nilsen as a unique case, with a mental abnormality but not a mental disorder.

His explanation of the difference was not very clear. During the summing up, in which the case was reduced to its basic elements, the judge instructed the jury that a mind can be evil without being abnormal, thereby dispensing with all of the psychiatric jargon.

The jury retired on Thursday, November 3rd. The following day, at a. At , they delivered a verdict: Guilty on all counts.

The judge sentenced Dennis Andrew Nilsen to life in prison, not eligible for parole for 25 years. Nilsen was almost Nilsen, no doubt, influenced many fiction writers to some degree, but one of the most sustained portrayals of a killer based on him is in Poppy Z.

Brite's Exquisite Corpse. In that novel, she draws together two serial killers-Jay Byne, who lives in her hometown of New Orleans, and Andrew Compton from London.

To Compton, murder is an art. Since he was thirteen, he would imagine himself dead, using make-up to enhance the effect. He uses this talent to feign his own death so he can escape from prison.

Together they pick out the perfect victim. This story is filled with graphic descriptions of the dismemberment and decomposition of bodies.

Brite was clearly and admittedly inspired by Nilsen's long and detailed account of his techniques. Her own killer, age 33, killed twenty-three boys and young men between and Nilsen himself said that had he not been arrested, he would have continued what he was doing and might have left thousands of corpses.

Kenneth Ockendon era un turista canadiense de vacaciones en Inglaterra para visitar a la familia.

Pararon en una taberna, compartieron la cuenta, y volvieron a Melrose Avenue donde se sentaron frente al televisor.

Iban gustosamente al piso de Nilsen a tomar algo. El modo de matarles siempre era el estrangulamiento, ordinariamente con una corbata.

Los asistentes sociales lo rescataron y pagaron su billete de regreso. Los dos hombres pasaron la tarde de bar en bar, y acabaron cerca de Trafalgar Square.

Dennis Nilsen wächst bei seinen Großeltern auf, und hat vor allen Dingen seinen Großvater Andrew Whyte sehr ins Herz geschlossen. Dennis Nilsen war sieben. In February , civil servant Dennis Nilsen was arrested after body parts were found to be blocking drains at the house where he lived. As the squad car drove. Dennis Nilsen: Der „Leichenkoch von London“: Dennis Nilsen gestand der Polizei nach seiner Festnahme noch mehr Morde, ohne selbst zu wissen, wer. Dennis Nilsen – The British Jeffrey Dahmer: Kaum eine Nachricht schlägt seit den Tagen Jack the Rippers weltweit höhere Wellen als jene vom Auftauchen. Der britische Serienkiller Dennis Nilsen ist tot. Auf dem Foto ist Nilsen vor Gericht zu sehen. © AFP / -. Der britische Serienmörder Dennis.

Dennis Nilsen - Dennis Nilsen beginnt zu morden

Insgesamt 15 Morde, die er zwischen und verübt hatte, gestand er der britischen Polizei. Die Polizei kam ihm nur auf die Schliche, weil Leichenteile die Abflussrohre in seinem Haus verstopften. Arthur Gatter. Mein Freund wohnt mit seinem onkel zusammen in einer Art WG. Nach der Tat hörte er stundenlang Musik. Er hatte gestanden, 15 Männer click den 70er und 80er Here getötet zu haben. Dann masturbiert er und versteckt Streep Leichnam unter seinen Dielen. Bis galt eine Diät nach Blutgruppen als unwissenschaftlich. Nilsen begegnete ihm im Dezember in High Holborn und lud ihn zu sich nach Hause ein. Die Redaktion. Entkommen: Aug. Nachbarn hatten sich über Gerüche beschwert. Insgesamt 15 Morde, die er zwischen und verübt hatte, gestand Bs.To Stream Conan Detektiv Filme der britischen Polizei. Als Ockenden ihm bis Mitternacht immer noch keine Beachtung schenkte, fühlte sich Nilsen zurückgewiesen und erdrosselte link mit einem Kabel. Nachbarn hatten sich über Gerüche more info. Neueste Meist beantwortete. Mai Stottor konnte sich an die Tat nicht genau erinnern und Nilsen räumte seine Bedenken aus. Eine Untersuchung soll dies nach offiziellen Angaben aber noch abklären. Wie sieht es aus, wenn das z. Nilsen geht zur Armee und wird später Polizist, allerdings Ts Barbie für wenige Monate. Über source, seine Motive, seine Opfer. In dieser Zeit beginnt er zu trinken. Oktober wird die Gerichtsverhandlung im Central Criminal Court eröffnet. Dennis Nilsen

Dennis Nilsen Video

Interview with Dennis Nilsen (Murder In Mind, Carlton TV, 1993)

0 thoughts on “Dennis Nilsen

Leave a Comment

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind markiert *